have, some of which are:
• Legal insurance, with up to £100,000 – legal defence costs.
• Our legal team is working hard on behalf of members, consulting with
government departments and conservation bodies to ensure your interests as
taxidermists are properly represented.This is even more important with BREXIT
coming up as we need a strong voice.
• The opportunity to have your work constructively critiqued and judged.
Gain the only taxidermy qualifications available in the UK.
• Members in England can “hold” otters in their freezers.
• Use of “members only” area of Guild website, including resource library and
forums covering a wide range of subjects, where you can gain very helpful
advice and knowledge. Drop in and introduce yourself - you are sure to get a
warm welcome from like minded people!
• Receive copies of our Annual Journal “Taxidermist” which is filled with interesting
articles, conference reports, book reviews, interviews and trade advertisements.
• Members discount at Annual Conference and any other seminars, with tutorials
often presented by world class taxidermists, trade stands, historical lectures, a
large amount of the UK’s best taxidermy on show and a fantastic opportunity to network with other people in the taxidermy world.
Your Guild is run by enthusiastic, unpaid volunteers. However, increased legal and other
costs, together with inflation has resulted in revised membership fees (which have been
held low for many years).
These will be increased to £50.00 from 1st. April 2019.
AFTER 1st APRIL 2019, ONLY THOSE PAYING THE FULL AMOUNT OF £50.00
WILL BE FULL MEMBERS, WITH ALL THE BENEFITS OF LEGAL INSURANCE,
ANY LESSER AMOUNTS PAID WILL BE CONSIDERED A DONATION TO THE GUILD